Last updated: October 1, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to WSBG, LLC, Las Vegas, NV.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Nevada, United States.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-Party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to WSBGVegas.com, accessible from https://WSBGVegas.com.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?”.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: Cookies: What Do They Do?
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Giveaway Series Rules
APPLICABLE TO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
DETAILS OF THE PRIZES AND HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY ARE CONTAINED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Eligibility. The “WSBG SERIES GIVEAWAY” is open to anyone during the Entry Period who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible for the Giveaways: Employees and affiliates of WSBG, including content creators; employees and affiliates of any Giveaways sponsor; any company or any individual involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Giveaways; immediate family members (meaning spouses, parents, siblings, and children living in the same household) of any of employee, sponsor, or affiliate set forth above. The term “employees” includes officers and directors.
Proof of residency, age, and eligibility verification may be required.
Giveaways Period. The Giveaways begins once the specified Giveaway Series is posted and officially ends at the detailed specified time.
Sponsor. The Sponsor of the Giveaways is: The World Series of Board Gaming
How to Enter the Giveaways.
Read the Giveaway article where it will specifically state there is a giveaway to be had and said Giveaways is currently open and running before the end of the Entry Period.
Limitations: Limit one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period, unless otherwise specified. Limit one (1) prize/winner per person for the Entry Period. Entries will not carry forward to a drawing for any future Entry Period.
Disqualification. Each Entrant represents and warrants that his/her entry conforms to these Official Rules and understands that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify the entry for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way. Sponsor in no way promotes illegal acts, and any and all entries which include or promote illegal acts will be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the allowed number of entries per person by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, and/or any other methods will void any entry by that Entrant and could result in disqualification from this Giveaways and/or disqualification from all future Giveaways by the Sponsor and at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Prize Drawing and Odds of Winning: There will be 1 Recipient (“Winner”) per the specified Giveaway prize for the Entry Period. The decisions of Sponsor, including the selection of the Winner, is final and binding on all matters relating to the Giveaways. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries during the Entry Period. The winners will be determined by random drawing on the Entry Period End Date specified in the Giveaway ad.
Prizes. The winners will receive a prize as described in the marketing ad posted by the World Series of Board Gaming.
The Prize is awarded “As Is”. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including but not limited to quality, merchantability, and/or fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with WSBG Giveaways or any Prize. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize consists only of the game mentioned in the associated Giveaway Series advertised, are non-transferable and non-exchangeable, with no cash redemption or substitution except that Sponsor retains the right to substitute a prize of a similar type upon confirmation from the Winner. All costs and expenses associated with the Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, related to the Prize (excluding any possible shipping), including but not limited to, any taxes and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
All Prize details not covered by these Rules are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering the Giveaway Series and/or accepting the Prize you may win, Winner agrees that he or she has all rights, permissions and consents necessary to grant the rights to the Sponsor as expressed herein and will abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions.
Winner Notification and Verification: Winners will be notified from the Sponsor on or after The Entry Period End Date, via host announcement in a WSBG News Update video on the WSBG Official YouTube Channel. Awarding of a prizes is subject to verification of a potential Winner’s eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. To claim a Prize, Sponsor may require the Winner’s complete shipping address, such documents to be emailed to Sponsor or sent via secure messaging. At Sponsor’s discretion, Winner may be required to produce photo ID or some other form of proper identification to claim any Prize.
If a potential Winner cannot be contacted, is disqualified, fails to timely execute and return any required information, or if any Prize package is returned as undeliverable, an alternate Winner will be selected by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. If by error, more Prizes are claimed than the number of Prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held to award the advertised number of Prizes in the relevant category. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of Prizes be awarded.
Prizes may be shipped to the Winner at Sponsor’s discretion (such fulfillment if any, is expected to take approximately thirty (30) days but may vary depending on the circumstances).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS: By participating in this Giveaways, Entrants release and agree to hold harmless WSBG, the administrator, The Dice Tower, Google LLC d/b/a YouTube, and their sponsors, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and such companies’ officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action and any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from, this Giveaways or acceptance, possession, receipt, or use/ misuse of the Prize. As a condition to entering the Giveaways, each Entrant agrees that: under no circumstances will the Entrants or Winner be permitted to obtain any award for, and the Entrants and Winner hereby waive all rights to any claim(s), punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages whatsoever, including attorneys’ fees. All causes of action will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. In no event will any Entrant or Winner be entitled to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable remedy.
The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries, or for any error, human, technical, or otherwise, which may occur in the processing of Giveaways entries, administration of the Giveaways, or the announcement of the Prize/Winner including but not limited to, any technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, including wsbgvegas.com, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Giveaways.
The Released Parties shall not be responsible for Acts of God, government or government agency action or inaction, acts of terrorism, civil unrest or disturbances, riots, work stoppage delays, postponements, inclement weather, rescheduling, or any other natural disasters outside its respective control.
YouTube. The Giveaways are subject to all applicable YouTube Community Guidelines (https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubeworks/policies/community-guidelines/) and Terms of Service (https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=US&template=terms). Any entries which fail to comply with said Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service, in Sponsor’s or YouTube’s discretion, shall be disqualified. YouTube is not a sponsor, endorser, or administrator of the Giveaways. YouTube is not affiliated with or responsible for any aspect of the Giveaways in any way.
Disputes. Entrants and Winner agree that any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaways and the Prizes awarded shall be resolved solely by the Sponsor, shall be final and binding, and without resort to any form of class action.
The Giveaways is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Nevada, excluding conflicts of laws principles. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants in the Giveaways hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of Nevada courts (state and federal) in Las Vegas County for any causes or
controversies arising out of the Giveaways. Winner waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts.
Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting the Prize, Winner grants to Sponsor and their respective advertising agencies the right to use and publish Winner’s photo, image, name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, video image and audio, and/or other indicia of persona, and city and state of residence in any media to promote the Giveaways or similar Giveaways or contests without additional compensation.
General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Giveaways for any reason, including but not limited to fraud or any other factor impairing the integrity of the Giveaways or Sponsor’s ability to award Prize as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Giveaways, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Giveaways, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to void any entries at issue (including disqualifying any individual who tampers or otherwise interferes with the entry process or the integrity of the Giveaways), and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Giveaways, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award Prize(s) in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before the time of cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAYS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR ALSO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.